|Navigation: | Home | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 ||
How Entrepreneurs Succeed - The 5 Qualities Needed For Business Success
What is it that sets a successful businessperson apart from an average businessperson? Is it down to pure and simple luck, or is it all about having an amazing idea and a successful and strategic business plan in place?
Well, these factors do indeed go a long way to turning a good business idea into a successful business operation, but they have nothing to do with what makes the 'person' succeed at business.
Every great entrepreneur naturally has 5 key attributes that sets them aside from their competition and that ensure they will succeed where others may fail. These 5 personal qualities will all reflect upon the entrepreneur's business and they will mean the entrepreneur grows and develops every area of their own personal expertise to become not only the strategic thinker behind the business, but the strategic manager poised to lead the company forward to achieve even greater success.
The 5 qualities that every entrepreneur shares and that are the keys to their business success are: -
1) Desire - To succeed you have to have a massive desire to break out of the average 9 - 5 grind, to step off the employee-job-salary treadmill and to put your ideas, ideals and beliefs into action. An entrepreneur's desire for personal fulfilment and professional success is his number one key strength and that which will force him to start out in business in the first place. This desire to achieve will become a desire for success and this desire for success will be reflected throughout the business.
2) Positivity - Entrepreneurs have a positive mental attitude towards their life, their business and themselves; they are not restricted by disappointments and regrets and they look forward not backwards. A naturally positive person sees opportunities where others see obstacles, a naturally positive person frees their mind from negativity and disappointment so that it is free to dream, imagine, develop and expand.
3) Commitment - To succeed you have to be committed to putting in the hard work necessary to build a business from the ground up. You have to commit to your beliefs and desires, you have to commit to your business idea and you have to commit to the employees within your company. With commitment comes effort, with effort comes results, with results comes success!
4) Patience - Patience and commitment go hand in hand, and the patient entrepreneurs who dedicate themselves to working away at their business day after day will reap the rewards of their patience when the steady and focused hard work pays off in the form of positive and successful results.
5) Persistence - Nothing is ever straightforward or without contradiction or change and the future is unknown. These factors mean that the final key entrepreneurial attribute is simply critical to success. When obstacles appear, when goal posts are moved and when 'these things are sent to try us' you have to persist with your ideas, persist with your hard work and keep focused on success. With patient and committed persistence the desired results will come.
Rhiannon Williamson is the publisher of Shelter Offshore, an online motivational magazine designed to help those seeking new lives and business, investment and real estate opportunities abroad. Read more of her articles about working, living, investing and buying property abroad, visit Shelter Offshore
Protect Your ASSets in Business
Many people are starting an online business without a thought about the danger this may pose to their personal assets. The type of protection you need depends upon the nature of your business and the amount of your personal assets.
Realism vs. Optimism in the Business Plan
The most important function of a business plan is to create interest among investors so that they write a check. In achieving this goal, business plan writers are often challenged by determining the proper level of optimism in their plan.
Franchising Companies Need New Franchisee Checklists
When franchise companies are moving fast in the market place they must pay attention to the details. If a franchisor fails to give the required items as outlined in the franchise agreement to the franchisees on the prescribed timeline they risk legal issues and regulatory issues.
An Entrepreneur and a Life To Be Remembered
I was reminded of my own mortality today. I guess you can say I had a near death experience, though the death I experienced was not my own.
Surviving the Three Pitfalls of Business Ownership
The morning sun sheds its brilliance and warmth on your sleeping face. 10:00 a.
Entrepreneurs - 9 Top Mistakes to Avoid
1. Isolating YourselfWhen setting up a business, you can get so overwhelmed with the administration that you don't focus on building up your network.
Which Niche To Conquer?
I'm sure that you've heard about how many start up companies fail when they first begin, and the reason that most (if not all) of their failures is because they don't create a good fountain to build on.If we start right, it is easy to go right all the time.
Build Your Own Board Of Experts
The most successful entrepreneurs rely on their advisory boards to help spot new opportunities and potential pitfalls.Now you can have your own advisory board: a shadow board of directors.
The Reluctant Entrepreneur
It seems odd to think of a person opening a shop, knowing that they're not at all interested in selling or in face-to-face interaction with customers. But that's exactly what many Internet business owners have done.
Living in the twilight zone has its advantages. In the early days of starting my business, I found the limitations of living in a rural area to be restrictive.
Veteran Entrepreneurs Are Growing In Ranks
When I'm not running my own business, writing articles about business, speaking to groups and organizations about business, or consulting with companies who want my advice about the running of their business, I teach a weekly class on the subject of (care to guess?) starting and running a business.To quote my frequently-mentioned and wise-beyond-her-years teenage daughter, Chelsea, "Dad, you really need to get a life.
What is Entrepreneurship?
In discussing entrepreneurship and writing articles on the subject, I have found that it aids understanding when we begin by agreeing on exactly what the word means to us.Entrepreneurship is the process of creating or seizing an opportunity, and pursuing it regardless of the resources currently controlled.
Questions For The Entrepreneur To Be
Entrepreneurial e-gnorancePart 1: Questions for the entrepreneur to beIf you are an entrepreneur starting out, or have been around the block for some time but are yet to hit on the jackpot, you might be missing out some of the cornerstones of doing busingg through the new age media, the internet. Ask yourself the following questions and in seeking out answers to the, you may find the magic touch that could propel you to the success that drives you everyday.
Independent Auto Detail Shop VS Biz Op or Franchise
Owning a detail shop can be an exciting and rewarding business indeed. Many times an owner of an independent Detailing Shop will wish to add those items he/she believes their customers want.
The Perfect Little Coffee Shop: Are You Afraid of Failure? Are You Letting that Failure Cripple You
Ah, coffee, the drink of choice when I want to share a special moment with friends, when I want to sit and ponder life or when I want a moment alone. I am an avid coffee drinker.
Entrepreneurship Story; Over Regulation in Franchising Part I
Jim and Sally run a successful auto business, which they have built up over two decades and have expanded to three stores and many of their friends keep saying, "You should Franchise." They think about this for about five years read a few books, like "Franchising for Dummies," The "E-Myth", "The Franchising Bible" and many others on the shelves of the new big book store in town with the coffee shop inside.
Traits and Skills of Successful Internet Entrepreneurs
There are certain traits and skills that many successful online entrepreneurs have in common. Some mentioned in this article may seem simple, but don't overlook their importance.
Coating Service Business Case Study
There are many coating businesses in the market today, but have you ever asked yourself how one gets into this line of work? How they are formed or what prompts someone or some entrepreneur to go out and start a business to fill this niche? Well this is an interesting case study that shows how we became interested in this industry from a sub market of the coating business; Spray in Bed Liners. Our company is in the auto detailing business, www.
5 Tips to Step Boldly into the World & Set Yourself Apart from Others
"Real champions believe in themselves even when no one else will!" Author UnknownTo take your life and business to a level that makes you ecstatic there is a good chance you will need to step boldly into the world and stand distinctively apart from others. Here are 5 tips to support you to embrace the unknown in a big way and maximize your results.
10 Ways Entrepreneurs Shoot Themselves In The Foot
Entrepreneurs and their businesses have a tendency to ambushthemselves when they aren't looking. This affects how muchrevenue they can generate, how fast their business rises,and even if they survive after the first few years.
|home | site map | contact us|